Monday, July 25, 2011

Mind Mapping

Mind Mapping
I used Inspiration for my weather mind map.  The mind map not only reinforces the science lesson, but also enhances student's vocabulary.  Grouping words in synonym groups helps student remember words by their associations.  I’ve used Inspiration before in another class and found it to be user friendly.  It’s colorful and you are able to easily build out your map, add pictures, and attach hyperlinks.  However, I did not try the other mind mapping application, Mind42, Gliffy, and Mindmeister.  I do plan to explore these applications at a later date when I have more time.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    I love your weather map! I wound up making mine in Gliffy, but I see how nicely your Inspiratio map came out that I am definitely going to try it!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    I'd really love to share your mind map with my colleagues. It's a great example of how students can demonstrate their knowledge and share their learning (Harvey & Goudvis, 2007, p. 224). May I have your permission to share your weather mind map on a teacher created webpage via Weebly?

    Starla

    Reference
    Harvey, S., & Goudvis, A. (2007). Strategies that work: Teaching comprehension for understanding and engagement (2nd ed.). Portland, ME: Stenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's for such admiring post! You've done it perfectly, wish you lot's inspiration for new adventures! mobilenanny.org

    ReplyDelete